Using SHP for Telemedicine Appointments
Interested in scheduling a virtual, confidential visit with a health care provider? Teladoc, one of several national telehealth services providers, may be right for you.
SHP members have access to Teladoc services, with copays consistent with the plans’ participating provider copay structure (see more below).
Teladoc services include:
- General medical services – 24/7 on-demand access to board-certified doctors by phone, video, or mobile app.
- Mental health care – Online appointments with therapists available 7 days a week to get support for anxiety, depression, stress, and more. Psychiatry support for some medications also available.
- Dermatology – Upload images and provide details about your skin condition and receive a response in two business days from a licensed dermatologist. Medication prescription and follow-up appointments also available.
Eligibility for Teladoc services:
Teladoc is available to individuals anywhere in the United States.
SHP covers services through Teladoc, with copays identical to primary and mental health services (see summary of benefits covered for your plan).
Teladoc’s services are not intended to be used for ongoing care, but rather to supplement ongoing care you receive from your regular healthcare provider or Cornell Health.
To use Teladoc:
- Create an online account using the Aetna member ID# printed on your insurance card. (If you do not have your card, you can download and/or print it from the Aetna website.)
- Log in using your new account.
- Select your provider via the Teladoc website or mobile app.
- Complete your medical history and Teladoc's Emotional Health Questionnaire.
- Schedule an appointment to speak with your provider.
- If you need assistance at any step in this process, call 1-800-Teladoc (1-800-835-2362).