Cornell’s student Vision Plan is offered through VSP Vision Care. The plan includes access to benefits at a national network available at thousands of locations throughout the United States.
VSP 2023-2024 Summary of Benefits
- SHP Plus (Medicaid) enrollees have vision coverage included as a benefit of their plan.
- Students at Weill Cornell Medicine are not eligible for a different vision plan.
Eligibility & Enrollment
All students registered to the Ithaca, Tech, or Geneva campuses, as well as their dependents, are eligible to enroll in the plan during the open enrollment period. Students at Weill Cornell Medicine have access to a different plan.
2023 – 2024 Plan Year Coverage and Open Enrollment Dates
- Returning students, and their dependents, may enroll 6/1/23 - 8/31/23, with coverage active 7/1/2023 - 6/30/24.
- New Fall students, and their dependents, may enroll 7/1/23 - 8/31/23, with coverage active 8/1/23 - 6/30/24.
- New Spring students, and their dependents, may enroll 12/1/23 - 1/31/24, with coverage active 1/1/24 - 6/30/24.
Visit the VSP website for Cornell students to enroll. Once you click on the "Enroll Now" button, enter your First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN) and follow the enrollment prompts. (International students without a SSN should enter any four-digit code they will remember as a PIN.)
2023 – 2024 Plan Year Rates
|Coverage||Returning and Fall Start Enrollment||Spring Only Enrollment|
|Student Only||$4.65 monthly||$9.14 monthly|
|Student and Family||$12.85 monthly||$25.24 monthly|
Contact VSP with questions regarding vision coverage enrollment.