Summer Health Fee
Summer 2021 health fee information
The Student Health Fee for Summer 2021 in-person students is $122.
The health fee will not be charged for distance-learning students (see more exceptions below).
About the Summer Health Fee
In order to ensure that summer students have access to campus health services – regardless of what health insurance they have – the university assesses a Student Health Fee for students enrolled on the Ithaca campus during the summer months (for Summer Session, Summer College, etc.).
Health fee exceptions
The following individuals are exempt from paying the health fee:
- Students whose student health plan (SHP or SHP+) or Student Health Fee coverage from the previous academic year includes the dates of their summer program (academic-year SHP, SHP+, and health fee coverage ends July 31, unless your plan indicates otherwise)
- International students, who are required to be enrolled in Cornell's Student Health Plan (SHP)
- Students who enroll in SHP for the summer
- Students who are exclusively taking online courses
- Summer camp participants
- Cornell employees taking courses during the summer
What you get with the health fee
When visiting Cornell Health, students who pay the Student Health Fee have ...
- A $10 COPAY for most medical and mental health visits (some visits have no charge)
- No additional charges for x-rays, procedures, and lab tests performed at Cornell Health
Please see Cornell Health's Cost for Service page for complete details.
The health fee also helps support campus-wide health initiatives. Learn more at Ithaca Health Fee.