For non-SHP/SHP+ members in Ithaca
In order to ensure that summer students have access to campus health services – regardless of what health insurance they have – the university assesses a Student Health Fee for students enrolled on the Ithaca campus during the summer months (for Summer Session, Summer College, etc.).
The summer 2019 health fee is $106, charged to students' Bursar accounts before the start of their program.
The following individuals are exempt from paying the health fee:
- Students whose student health plan (SHP or SHP+) or Student Health Fee coverage from the previous academic year includes the dates of their summer program (academic-year SHP, SHP+, and health fee coverage ends July 31, unless your plan indicates otherwise)
- International students, who are required to be enrolled in Cornell's Student Health Plan (SHP)
- Students who enroll in SHP for the summer
- Students who are exclusively taking online courses
- Summer camp participants
- Cornell employees taking courses during the summer
What you get with the health fee
When visiting Cornell Health, students who pay the Student Health Fee have ...
- A $10 COPAY for medical, counseling, nutrition, and physical therapy visits
- No additional charges for x-rays, procedures, and lab tests performed at Cornell Health
Please see Cornell Health's Cost for Service page for complete details.
The health fee also helps support campus-wide health initiatives. Learn more at Ithaca Health Fee.