Student Health Fee
Cornell's Student Health Fee gives Ithaca students with private (non-Cornell) insurance plans pre-paid access to campus health services, and helps support campus-wide health initiatives. See Ithaca Health Fee for more background information.
2018-2019 health fee
The university's Student Health Fee for the 2018-2019 academic year is $185 / semester, charged to students' Bursar accounts before the start of each semester.
If you apply for and receive financial aid from Cornell, your award will be based upon the estimated cost of attendance, which – for 2018-2019 – includes $185 per semester toward "health-related costs." (Does not apply to SHP-M members.)
Your health fee benefits apply at Cornell Health during the following date ranges:
- Academic year: August 1 – July 31
- Fall semester only: August 1 – January 15
- Spring semester only: January 16 – July 31
What you get with the health fee
When visiting Cornell Health, students who pay the Student Health Fee have ...
- A $10 COPAY for medical, counseling, nutrition, and physical therapy visits
- No additional charges for x-rays, procedures, and lab tests performed at Cornell Health
Please see Cornell Health's Cost for Service page for complete details.
Who pays the health fee?
Academic-year students in Ithaca who are not enrolled in a Cornell student health plan (SHP or SHP-M) are automatically charged the Student Health Fee at the beginning of each semester.
- Students participating in off-campus programs
- Non-degree undergraduate and professional students who are registered for less than 12 credit hours / semester during the academic year
Students whose status changes after paying the health fee may receive a refund if they ...
- are away from the Ithaca campus for a full semester (50% refund per semester away from campus)
- ultimately enroll in a Cornell student health plan (SHP or SHP-M) effective from the beginning of the fall semester (100% refund) or from the beginning of the spring semester (50% refund)
Refunds are available only when a student's status change is effective for the full semester. There are no pro-rated refunds.
Not sure if the health fee applies to you?
Please contact us to speak with a Student Health Benefits staff member.