Academic-Year Health Fee
Student Health Fee
Cornell's Student Health Fee gives Ithaca students with private (non-Cornell) insurance plans pre-paid access to campus health services, and helps support campus-wide health initiatives. See Ithaca Health Fee for more background information.
2020-2021 health fee
The university's Student Health Fee for the 2019-2020 academic year is $228 / semester, charged to students' Bursar accounts before the start of each semester.
2019-2020 health fee
The university's Student Health Fee for the 2019-2020 academic year is $219 / semester, charged to students' Bursar accounts before the start of each semester.
Your health fee benefits apply at Cornell Health during the following date ranges:
- Academic year: August 1 – July 31
- Fall semester only: August 1 – January 15
- Spring semester only: January 16 – July 31
What you get with the health fee
When visiting Cornell Health, students who pay the Student Health Fee have ...
- A $10 COPAY for most medical and mental health visits (some visits have no charge)
- No additional charges for x-rays, procedures, and lab tests performed at Cornell Health
Please see Cornell Health's Cost for Service page for complete details.
Who pays the health fee
Full-time academic-year students in Ithaca who are not enrolled in a Cornell student health plan (SHP or SHP+) are automatically charged the Student Health Fee at the beginning of each semester.
- Students participating in off-campus programs
- Part-time and non-degree students
Not sure if the health fee applies to you?
Please contact us to speak with a Student Health Benefits staff member.
Health fee refunds
Students whose status changes after paying the health fee may receive a refund if they ...
- are away from the Ithaca campus for a full semester (100% refund per semester away from campus)
- enroll in a Cornell student health plan (SHP or SHP+) effective from the beginning of the fall semester (100% refund) or from the beginning of the spring semester (50% refund)
- take a leave of absence or withdraw from Cornell (refunds are prorated based on the university’s tuition adjustment schedule for withdrawals and leaves of absence)