Medical, mental health, & dermatology telehealth services
Interested in scheduling a confidential visit with a health care provider outside of Cornell Health? Teladoc, one of several national telehealth services providers, may be right for you.
SHP and SHP+ members now have prepaid access to Teladoc services, with copays consistent with the plans’ participating provider copay structure (see more below).
Teladoc services include:
- General medical services – 24/7 on-demand access to board-certified doctors by phone, video, or mobile app.
- Mental health care – Online appointments with therapists available 7 days a week to get support for anxiety, depression, stress, and more. Psychiatry support for some medications also available.
- Dermatology – Upload images and provide details about your skin condition and receive a response in two business days from a licensed dermatologist. Medication prescription and follow-up appointments also available.
Eligibility for Teladoc services:
- Teladoc is available to individuals anywhere in the United States.
- SHP and SHP+ cover services through Teladoc, with copays listed below. If you have private insurance, please see information at the bottom of this page.
- Teladoc’s services are not intended to be used for ongoing care, but rather to supplement ongoing care you receive from your regular healthcare provider, at Cornell Health or elsewhere.
Students with SHP or SHP+
Students who are enrolled in a Cornell Student Health Plan (SHP or SHP+) have prepaid access to telehealth services through Teladoc, with copays consistent with the plans’ participating provider copay structure.
Copays for SHP members:
- $25 for medical and psychiatry visits (not currently applicable*)
- $10 for mental health visits (not currently applicable*)
*Currently, there is no copay for telehealth services during the COVID-19 pandemic, per regulations governing insurance companies practicing in NY State.
Copays for SHP+ members:
- There are no copays for students enrolled in SHP+.
To use Teladoc:
- Create an online account using the Aetna Member ID# printed on your SHP/SHP+ insurance card. (If you do not have your card, you can download and/or print it from the Aetna website.)
- Log in using your new account.
- Select your provider via the Teladoc website or mobile app.
- Complete your medical history and Teladoc's Emotional Health Questionnaire.
- Schedule an appointment to speak with your provider.
- If you need assistance at any step in this process, call 1-800-Teladoc (1-800-835-2362).
Students with private insurance
Students with private insurance may have Teladoc’s services – or services provided by another national telehealth service – covered by their plan. Check your insurance company’s website for coverage information, or call the phone number listed on your insurance card to ask about your coverage.
If you plan doesn’t cover services through Teladoc, you can still use Teladoc (U.S. residents only). However, you will be responsible for paying the full charge for services and then submitting a receipt to your insurance plan for possible reimbursement.