Teladoc for SHP+ Members
Medical, mental health, & dermatology telehealth services
Interested in scheduling a confidential visit with a health care provider outside of Cornell Health? Teladoc, one of several national telehealth services providers, may be right for you.
SHP+ members now have prepaid access to Teladoc, and have a refundable copay when using Teladoc's services.
Teladoc services include:
- General medical services – 24/7 on-demand access to board-certified doctors by phone, video, or mobile app.
- Mental health care – Online appointments with therapists available 7 days a week to get support for anxiety, depression, stress, and more. Psychiatry support for some medications also available.
- Dermatology – Upload images and provide details about your skin condition and receive a response in two business days from a licensed dermatologist. Medication prescription and follow-up appointments also available.
- (Specialty services not available)
Eligibility for Teladoc services:
- Teladoc is available to individuals anywhere in the United States.
- SHP+ covers services through Teladoc, available with no copay.
- Teladoc’s services are not intended to be used for ongoing care, but rather to supplement ongoing care you receive from your regular healthcare provider, at Cornell Health or elsewhere.
Refundable copays for SHP+ members:
- $25 copay for medical and psychiatry visits (refundable*)
- $10 copay for mental health visits (refundable*)
*Currently, there is no copay for telehealth services during the COVID-19 pandemic, per regulations governing insurance companies practicing in NY State. Teladoc will refund any copayments in compliance with NY State regulations.
To use Teladoc:
- Create an online account using the Aetna Member ID# printed on your SHP/SHP+ insurance card. (If you do not have your card, you can download and/or print it from the Aetna website.)
- Log in using your new account.
- Select your provider via the Teladoc website or mobile app.
- Complete your medical history and Teladoc's Emotional Health Questionnaire.
- Schedule an appointment to speak with your provider.
- If you need assistance at any step in this process, call 1-800-Teladoc (1-800-835-2362).