Teladoc for SHP+ Members
Medical, mental health, & dermatology telehealth services
Interested in scheduling a confidential visit with a health care provider outside of Cornell Health? Teladoc, one of several national telehealth services providers, may be right for you.
SHP+ members now have prepaid access to Teladoc, and have no copay when using Teladoc's services.
Teladoc services include:
- General medical services – 24/7 on-demand access to board-certified doctors by phone, video, or mobile app.
- Mental health care – Online appointments with therapists available 7 days a week to get support for anxiety, depression, stress, and more. Psychiatry support for some medications also available.
- Dermatology – Upload images and provide details about your skin condition and receive a response in two business days from a licensed dermatologist. Medication prescription and follow-up appointments also available.
Eligibility for Teladoc services:
- Teladoc is available to individuals anywhere in the United States.
- SHP+ covers services through Teladoc, available with no copay.
- Teladoc’s services are not intended to be used for ongoing care, but rather to supplement ongoing care you receive from your regular healthcare provider, at Cornell Health or elsewhere.
- There is no copay for Teladoc services for students enrolled in SHP+.
To use Teladoc:
- Create an online account using the Aetna Member ID# printed on your SHP/SHP+ insurance card. (If you do not have your card, you can download and/or print it from the Aetna website.)
- Log in using your new account.
- Select your provider via the Teladoc website or mobile app.
- Complete your medical history and Teladoc's Emotional Health Questionnaire.
- Schedule an appointment to speak with your provider.
- If you need assistance at any step in this process, call 1-800-Teladoc (1-800-835-2362).