Summer Student Health Fee
In order to ensure that summer students have access to campus health services, regardless of what health insurance they have, the university assesses a $100 Student Health Fee for students enrolled during the summer term.
All summer students are assessed the fee, with the following exceptions:
- Students who are studying away from the Ithaca campus
- Students who are exclusively taking online courses
- Students who have paid the 2016-2017 student health fee (full year or spring semester)
- Students who are enrolled in the Student Health Plan (SHP) for the 2016-2017 plan year
- Students who choose the SHP summer enrollment option
- Cornell employees taking courses during the summer
Students who pay the health fee (or enroll in SHP) can access Cornell Health for just a $10 copay for most visits, with no additional charge for
in-house procedures, x-rays, and lab tests.