Student Health Fee
Students on Cornell's Ithaca campus* contribute annually to university health services through either:
- A portion of their Student Health Plan (SHP) premium
- OR -
- A Student Health Fee, for students with private insurance plans:
- 2016-17 health fee: $175/semester
- 2017-18, health fee: $179/semester
*see the Health Fee FAQs for more details about who pays the health fee
All students – both those who enroll in SHP and those who pay the health fee – have to access care at Cornell Health for …
- A $10 copay for most Cornell Health visits (some visits have no charge)
- No additional charges for procedures, x-rays, and lab tests performed at Cornell Health (see examples below)
Compare your coverage
NOTE: "Cornell Health" is the new name for campus health services, replacing "Gannett Health Services."
|Paying for Health Care at Cornell Health (formerly Gannett Health Services) (pdf)
Frequently asked questions
Please refer to Health Fee FAQs for the following information:
- What is a health fee?
- Who pays the health fee?
- How does the health fee work?
- How much is the health fee?
- How long does my health fee benefit last?
- Where can I find additional information?
To learn more about paying for health care at Cornell Health, visit the Fees and Insurance page.
Questions? Please contact us.