Would you benefit from vision coverage?
Every Cornell University student is eligible to enroll in this optional vision insurance plan, whether you are covered by Cornell's Student Health Plan (SHP) or another health insurance plan.
Cornell's Vision Plan, offered through Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. of New York, allows you to receive vision services from a network of providers, both within Ithaca, and outside the Ithaca area.
2017-2018 Plan Information
Enrollment information: FULL YEAR
- Enrolled academic-year students at Cornell, and their dependents
- August 1, 2017 – July 31, 2018
Annual rates: 2017 – 2018
- Student: $142
- Spouse/domestic partner: additional $128
- One or more children: additional $85
Enrollment information: SPRING ONLY
- Enrolled students (and their dependents) entering Cornell for the first time in the spring
- Enrolled students (and their dependents) returning to Cornell in the spring after a fall semester off campus (restrictions apply for students who were eligible to enroll in the fall, but chose not to)
- January 1, 2018 – July 31, 2018
Spring rates: 2017
- Student: $92
- Spouse/domestic partner: additional $85
- One or more children: additional $59
First Ameritas Prescription Discount
Those who enroll in First Ameritas dental or vision plans can save on prescription medications – for themselves, their covered dependents, even their pets. This program is offered at no additional cost, and it is not insurance. To learn more, read the First Ameritas Prescription Savings information (pdf) and FAQ (pdf)._________________________________________________
2016-2017 Plan Information
- August 17, 2016 – July 31, 2017