Would you benefit from vision coverage?
Every Cornell University student is eligible to enroll in this optional vision insurance plan, whether you are covered by Cornell's Student Health Plan (SHP) or another health insurance plan. Enrolled students may also enroll dependents (spouses, domestic partners, and children).
Cornell's Vision Plan, offered through Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. of New York, allows you to receive vision services from a national network of providers anywhere in the United States.
2017-2018 Plan Information
- 2017-2018 vision plan brochure (pdf)
- Vision Plan Insurance Policy (pdf)
Note: This document also contains information about Cornell's Dental Plan
Enrollment information: SPRING 2018
- Enrolled students (and their dependents) entering Cornell for the first time in the spring
- Enrolled students (and their dependents) returning to Cornell in the spring after a fall semester off campus (restrictions apply for students who were eligible to enroll in the fall, but chose not to)
- January 1, 2018 – July 31, 2018
Spring rates: 2018
- Student: $92
- Spouse/domestic partner: additional $85
- One or more children: additional $59
The enrollment deadline for spring 2018 has passed. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
First Ameritas Prescription Discount
Those who enroll in First Ameritas dental or vision plans can save on prescription medications – for themselves, their covered dependents, even their pets. This program is offered at no additional cost, and it is not insurance. To learn more, read the First Ameritas Prescription Savings information (pdf) and FAQ (pdf).
Vision plan ID card:
You can access your personalized ID card anytime by logging in to eyemedvisioncare.com. However, you do not need an ID card to use your vision benefits. Simply tell your provider you have EyeMed and supply your student ID (including the two leading zeroes) instead of your social security number.