Smoking Cessation Program
2017-2018 Plan Year information
Smoking is one of the leading threats to short- and long-term health. Addiction to nicotine makes stopping smoking very challenging. This Student Health Plan (SHP) Smoking Cessation program uses proven strategies to help people quit.
Members of SHP who want to quit smoking can take advantage of Aetna's Healthy Lifestyle Coaching Tobacco Free program.
This program is completely telephone- and email-based.
Get started with a coach today — for free. Your wellness coach can help you:
- Work on successful quitting strategies
- Recognize and manage your triggers for tobacco use
- Find healthy alternatives to replace the feeling you get from smoking
- Quit tobacco and feel more energized and healthy
Participants will also receive:
- A 3-month supply of smoking cessation products
- A $25 reward for completing the program to be used towards products or services that promote health, such as healthy cook books, over-the-counter vitamins or smoking cessation products not covered by SHP
In order to claim this benefit:
- Please submit of proof of program completion to Aetna Student Health.
- You will receive the reimbursement as a check mailed to the address you have on file with Cornell's Student Center.
Information and enrollment