Learn about your SHP coverage:
- Please refer to the plan documents and details found on Student Health Plan (SHP).
Accessing care on Cornell's Ithaca campus
For students and spouses/domestic partners enrolled in SHP and residing in the Ithaca area, Cornell Health (formerly Gannett Health Services) is your primary care provider. Except in an emergency – or for some specialty services – whenever you need health care, begin at Cornell Health to receive the maximum benefit for medical and mental health services.
With SHP, you can access nearly all services at Cornell Health for a nominal visit copay (generally $10), including:
- medical, nutrition, and physical therapy visits
- counseling and psychiatry visits (spouses & domestic partners are eligible for couples counseling and "Let's Talk" services only)
- in-house lab tests, x-rays, and procedures
- flu shots and recommended immunizations
- sexually transmitted infection screenings
For details, please refer to the Cornell Health's Cost for Service page.
Accessing care off campus
When the care you need cannot be provided on campus by Cornell Health – or if you're outside the Ithaca area – SHP provides many options for you. Learn how to:
Use the links in the left-hand menu bar to learn more about how you can use your SHP benefits.
If you have any questions about how to access services, what SHP covers or does not cover, what you must do to get maximum coverage, or any other aspect of this plan, please contact Aetna Student Health or Cornell's Office of Student Health Benefits. We are here to help.