Welcome to SHP-M
Welcome! On this page you will find important information about Cornell's Student Health Plan–Medicaid and how it operates. If you haven't already done so, please take a moment to read this introductory information about SHP-M.
Students enrolled in SHP-M are enrolled in two plans simultaneously: a Cornell University student health plan administered by Aetna Student Health, and Fee-for-Service (aka "regular") Medicaid provided by New York State.
2017-2018 plan information
The 2017-2018 SHP-M plan term starts on August 1, 2017 and ends July 31, 2018.
- Refer to the 6-page SHP-M Summary of Benefits and Coverage (pdf) for a simple chart explaining your SHP-M benefits
- Refer to the 100+ page SHP-M Certificate of Coverage (pdf) for complete details about SHP-M
Please refer to the Using SHP section of this website for information that applies to both SHP and SHP-M members, including:
- Find a Physician
- Your SHP ID Card
- Prescription Coverage
- Care Outside of Ithaca
- Worldwide Medical Assistance
- Exercise Facility Reimbursement
- Quit Tobacco Program
- Maternity Program
- Claims Submissions
A note about financial aid
If receive financial aid from Cornell, your award will be based upon the estimated cost of attendance,
which – for many students – includes $179 per semester toward "health-related costs." This $179/semester contribution does NOT apply to students enrolled in SHP-M, however, because your healthcare costs should be covered through your plan. Please consult the Financial Aid Information for Newly Admitted Students for more information.
If you have questions or if you would like any additional information, please contact one of the following resources:
- Cornell Health: 607 255-5155
- NY State Medicaid: 518 473-5330
- Aetna Student Health: 800 859-8475