Would you benefit from dental coverage?
Every Cornell University student is eligible to enroll in this optional dental insurance plan, whether you are covered by Cornell's Student Health Plan (SHP) or another health insurance plan.
The plan ...
- has been tailored to fit the needs of Cornell students.
- provides preventive and basic coverage at a reasonable price.
- is offered through Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. of New York.
- provides access to a nationwide Participating Provider Organization (PPO) of approximately 7,000 New York dental provider access points, with over 80,000 access points nationwide.
2017-2018 Plan Information
Enrollment information: FULL YEAR
- Enrolled academic-year students at Cornell, and their dependents
- August 1, 2017 – July 31, 2018
Annual rates: 2017 – 2018
- Student: $278
- Spouse/domestic partner: additional $294
- One or more children: additional $447
Enrollment information: SPRING ONLY
- Enrolled students (and their dependents) entering Cornell for the first time in the spring
- Enrolled students (and their dependents) returning to Cornell in the spring after a fall semester off campus (restrictions apply for students who were eligible to enroll in the fall, but chose not to)
- January 1, 2018 – July 31, 2018
Spring rates: 2017
- Student: $185
- Spouse/Domestic partner: additional $196
- One or more children: additional $299
First Ameritas Prescription Discount
People who enroll in First Ameritas dental or vision plans can save
on prescription medications – for themselves, their covered dependents,
even their pets. This program is offered at no additional cost, and it
is not insurance. To learn more, read the First Ameritas Prescription
Savings information (pdf) and FAQ (pdf).
2016-2017 Plan Information
- August 17, 2016 – July 31, 2017