Enroll or Waive
STUDENT HEALTH PLAN (SHP)
Each year, all full-time registered students* (as defined and reported by the University Registrar) are automatically enrolled in Cornell's Student Health Plan (SHP) as part of Cornell's policy requiring students to have quality health insurance.
2017-2018 waiver process information will be posted in late April/early May
Spring 2017 waiver process
The deadline to submit a waiver application was December 31, 2016. Please contact our office if you have any questions.
(New spring-semester students only)
Eligible students who have alternate health insurance that meets Cornell's requirements may apply to waive their SHP coverage. The waiver application period begins on December 1; the deadline to submit a waiver is December 31, 2016.
Ithaca students whose waivers are approved pay a student health fee to support access to health services on campus.
Who can waive:
- Domestic undergraduate students (new spring students only)
- Domestic self-paying graduate students (new spring students only)
- Domestic professional students (new spring students only)
Not eligible to waive:
- Students enrolled at Cornell during the Fall 2016 semester
- International students
- Fully-funded graduate students (SHP is provided as a benefit for these students – learn about your plan)
Please visit the links in the left-hand menu bar for special information for summer students, early start / pre-orientation students, students studying outside of Ithaca, and students on leave or studying in absentia.
OPTIONAL DENTAL & VISION PLANS
Please contact Cornell's Office of Student Health Benefits. We are here to help you make the best decision for your personal health care needs.