Student Health Fee
Students on Cornell's Ithaca campus* contribute annually to university health services through either:
- A portion of their Student Health Plan (SHP) premium
- OR -
- A Student Health Fee, for students with private insurance plans:
- 2016-17 health fee: $175/semester
- 2017-18, health fee: $179/semester
*see the Health Fee FAQs for more details about who pays the health fee
What you get with the health fee
When visiting Cornell Health, students who pay the Student Health Fee have ...
- A $10 copay for medical, counseling, nutrition, and physical therapy visits (some other visit types have no charge)
- No additional charges for procedures, x-rays, and lab tests performed at Cornell Health (see examples below)
Please see Cornell Health's Cost for Service page for complete details.
Frequently asked questions
Please refer to Health Fee FAQs for the following information:
- What is a health fee?
- Who pays the health fee?
- How does the health fee work?
- How much is the health fee?
- How long does my health fee benefit last?
- Where can I find additional information?
Questions? Please contact us.