Worldwide Medical Assistance
Cornell's Student Health Plan (SHP) includes worldwide travel assistance that allows mobile Cornell students to travel more confidently, knowing that a team of worldwide professionals is waiting to assist in a moment of crisis.
New for the 2016-2017 plan term, SHP's worldwide travel assistance is offered through UnitedHealthcare Global.
Day or night, 365 days a year, UnitedHealthcare Global agents are available to help you through a travel-related emergency.
- Call 410-453-6330, or call the country-specific number listed on your UnitedHealthcare Global ID card
- Email email@example.com
- Refer to Cornell's members portal
- Print and carry your UnitedHealthcare Global ID card
- Refer to the Worldwide Medical & Security Benefits Summary
Day or night, every day of the year, whenever you are more than 100 miles from your permanent address, you can can access a wide variety of services including:
- Pre-trip planning
- Unlimited emergency medical evacuation (learn more below)
- Unlimited medical repatriation (learn more below)
- Unlimited return of mortal remains (learn more below)
- $2,500 transportation of family member to join patient
- $2,500 joining of ill family member accommodations
- $1,000 return of personal effects in cases where a student is evacuated
- $20,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage
- Medical monitoring
- Coordination of air and ground ambulance
- Prescription drug replacement assistance
- Emergency trauma counseling
- Travel assistance services
- 24/7 emergency travel arrangements
- Translation assistance
- Emergency travel funds assistance
- $1,000 bail bond benefit by international legal representative
- Legal hot line
- Lost travel documents assistance
- Assistance with replacement of credit card/travelers checks
- Operation centers with worldwide response capabilities
- Hospital deposit arrangements
- Over 600,000 pre-qualified medical providers
- Staffed with trained multi-lingual personnel
In the event that a participant becomes injured and adequate medical facilities are not available locally, UnitedHealthcare Global will use whatever mode of transport, equipment, and personnel necessary to evacuate you to the nearest facility capable of providing required care. In the event of death of a participant, UnitedHealthcare Global will render every possible assistance in return of mortal remains including locating a sending funeral home, preparing the deceased for transport, procuring required documentation and providing a necessary shipping container as well as paying for transport.
NOTE: any third party expenses incurred are the responsibility of the participant.