Enroll or Waive
STUDENT HEALTH PLAN (SHP)
Each year, all full-time registered students* (as defined and reported by the University Registrar) are automatically enrolled in Cornell's Student Health Plan (SHP) as part of Cornell's policy requiring students to have quality health insurance.
Spring 2017 waiver process
The deadline to submit a waiver application was December 31, 2016. Please contact our office if you have any questions.
(New spring-semester students only)
Eligible students who have alternate health insurance that meets Cornell's requirements may apply to waive their SHP coverage. The waiver application period begins on December 1; the deadline to submit a waiver is December 31, 2016.
Ithaca students whose waivers are approved pay a student health fee to support access to health services on campus.
Who can waive:
- Domestic undergraduate students (new spring students only)
- Domestic self-paying graduate students (new spring students only)
- Domestic professional students (new spring students only)
Not eligible to waive:
- Students enrolled at Cornell during the Fall 2016 semester
- International students
- Fully-funded graduate students (SHP is provided as a benefit for these students – learn about your plan)
Please visit the links in the left-hand menu bar for special information for summer students, early start / pre-orientation students, students studying outside of Ithaca, and students on leave or studying in absentia.
OPTIONAL DENTAL & VISION PLANS
Please contact Cornell's Office of Student Health Benefits. We are here to help you make the best decision for your personal health care needs.